Detail & the Devil
27/03/2019: Tim Reardon, Highways England’s General Council, emailed :
In Area 9, Kier have withheld bringing new DCP claims since January this year. Those outstanding claims will be taken forward on the basis of the new schedule of repair costs.
26/06/2019: Highways England emailed :
‘Kier have initially agreed to temporarily hold all new claims since January 2019 and to apply the National Schedule of Repair Costs to those claims.’
Yet we have been presented a 21/05/2019 invoice for a 12/03/2019 Area 9 incident using the 10/2015 process (X09C587).
- As of 07/2014 Kier should have been applying Appendix A to Annex 23. They have not complied with the contract to this day.
- In 2017, HE asked their lawyers, Shakespeare Martineau, not to issue proceedings (taken in the name of the Authority). They were ignored.
- 2019, Kier seemingly agreed to issue no invoices under the old process. They have done so but have invoiced other than in accordance with Appendix A to Annex 23.
Reports of damage to ‘street furniture’ such as barriers are generally made promptly, with same-day attendance by Highways England contractors. Not so in this case …
- 12/03/2019 the incident occurred
- 19/03/2019 a week later, Kier attended upon the damage:
- 21/05/2019 Kier issued their invoice using their contract non-compliant process
There are further concerns … click here